Tuesday 29 May 2012

Rufous bush robin




I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to photograph this bird in the fields beyond the Kalloni salt pans. I had watched bee eaters using a bush to perch and rest and decided to stake it out and try for a close up. The bee eaters were much too aware to come anywhere near me but the bush chat quickly arrived and seemed very agitated, it hopped about in the bottom of the bush and I became aware of a second bird there too, they squared up (all out of camera reach) and suddenly one attacked and as they thrashed about I managed to get one fairly clear shot of the fight in picture one. The victor then postured beautifully in pictures two and three and finally flew up and sang. I do not think it was aware of me at all and it eventually flew off to patrol another part of its territory.

No comments: